Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Peeyana

I haven't always been one of those people that said they wanted to do something and just never did it. In fact, I feel I've been the opposite. I thought New York sounded like an enchanting place, never been, only seen pictures and didn't know anyone there...yeah, I'll move there at 18. So, here I am at the ripe age of 30 and after nearly 20 years of saying "I want to learn to play piano" I'm still yet to do so.


After shopping around online and at various music stores I found that I didn't like the feel of keyboards and even a used piano was out of my price range...so, I continued to sulk. Every now and again I'd tell the Beast how much I wish I had a piano, he'd tell me to buy a keyboard, I'd refuse, and the sulking would continue. This vicious cycle went on for the better part of 2 years. THEN -like a Christmas miracle- the Beast forwarded me this post from Craig's List Tuesday morning :

(note Bob in the corner of the screen, I always have a picture up of him to keep me company...don't judge me)



I about peed my pants.


I messaged the guy right away and told him we would take it. I didn't know the condition, but for free, I figured if I spent a few hundred dollars to get it tuned and repaired, it was far less than what I'd pay in buy and moving a used one. I called up the Bearded Housemates and asked them if I could use their brawn. They obliged with a corresponding text  that read, "FUCK YEAH" & "Awesome I would love to have a Pianee in the house." <-- Either Jacob doesn't know how to spell or he's really funny. So.... we borrowed a friend's van, put Bob in the back seat and got the party started.


I will say, those Bearded Housemates don't just look the tough part. Those dudes are legit. After one intense U shaped flight of stairs, they finally got her onto the street.


We stopped for a chance to pose for the camera, (Chuck has obviously done modeling before)






 and to see what she's working with...



Then, we got her home. FINALLY.


Now, I can't sleep thinking about all the things I want to learn, where to put her in the house, and how to make her pretty.  Here are a few thoughts...


                                                                 
                                                                     .b


Side note: Thank you sweet Beast! I always knew that little black heart of yours was kind, but I never knew it could be this thoughtful. 
                                               

1 comment:

  1. You are AMAZING! I had no idea you wanted to learn the piano, and it's beyond awesome that you had the spontaneity and the awesome dudes to make this a reality. Can't wait to see what you do with it!! <3

    Katie N

    ReplyDelete